miércoles, 3 de octubre de 2007

Mi Primer Entrada!

Hi Everyone! This is pretty exciting, it is my first entry as a blogger, ever, so it might take me a few entries to get fully accustomed to this. I have been in Sevilla for about a week and a half and am already settled in an apartment with 3 other American girls, 2 of them studied in Sevilla the same semester that I studied (Spring 2006). It is a two bedroom apartment, completely furnished. There seem to be an incredible amount of geckos here, I have already had an incident (my roommate and I cut off a gecko's tail, possibly paralyzed it, and released it back into the wild), and as many of you know I am not the best with little creepy crawlers.

It is soo wonderful to be back in Sevilla, most everything has stayed the same except for the number of tourists have increased exponentially, a new rail system is about to start running and mis chicas de Calle Redes aren't here =(.

Today was my first day at the school where I am teaching, CEIP Sor Angela de la Cruz, escuela primaria. I will be teaching 3-5 year olds (infantil) Tuesdays & Fridays from 9-2 with my bilingual coordinator (my boss) and Wednesdays from 9-11:45 (7-10 year olds). The 7-10 year olds were not very well behaved but were entranced by a rubia extranjera (blond foreigner). I can't wait to make learning English fun and begin this cultural exchange of languages.... I will be learning English as well because British English is taught in the Spanish schools. For example, dodgems is an English word for bumper cars (ahem Tyler, Katrina?).

I haven't met too many Sevillanos (citizens of Sevilla), a few possible intercambios, but we are living in an all Spanish neighborhood so we can't wait to get to know our neighbors. I will keep you updated on my adventures and pictures will come soon.

hasta luego, besitos a todos,
Lauren

5 comentarios:

Anna dijo...

3-5 year olds! That's awesome! They'll be a lot cuter than my jaded, stressed-out high schoolers (much as I love them).

Good luck with your time teaching! I can't believe I never emailed you - if you're still doing mass emails, can you put me on the list?

- Anna C.

Unknown dijo...

Yay, Lauren! This is a great idea! So glad I'll be able to keep tabs on you. Whoo.

Anyway, I miss you like a crazy and hope you're having a blast.

lots o love
Colette

Unknown dijo...

Good job pal. Sent it to the Scotts.
Love,
Dad

Unknown dijo...

Lauren - This blog is such a great idea! Whenever I miss you, I read your blog. Hope your time in Sevilla is wonderful. Love you 50 bazillion times around the world and back - Mom

Stacey dijo...

Hi from California: Your Mom told us about your blog. What a great idea. I love reading about your trip...and I may even pick up a little Spanish in the process. Have a fabulous time. What a great experience. I look forward to your next posting. Love, Stacey (and Mike, Aaron and Eli).